History of Medical Device Manufacturing
Southmedic’s medical manufacturing division specializes in certified cleanroom injection molding and cleanroom assembly. Our certified class 100,000 cleanroom, houses modern injection molding machines ranging from 35 to 300 tons. Our design team provides state of the art 3D solid modeling capabilities. The approach we take guarantees our medical customers both rapid delivery and cost effective tooling. Emphasizing customer service, our medical manufacturing team provides the technical support and knowledge that is essential to all our customers.
Southmedic has more than two decades of medical device development, manufacturing and business growth.
Southmedic Medical Manufacturing conducts its business according to its social accountability policy. Southmedic will:
- Develop and sustain a workplace culture where diversity is valued and leveraged. All employees are to be treated with dignity and respect, considered optimal contributors to business objectives, and have equal access to opportunity.
- Create an environment where employees know and understand the existing standards of ethical conduct and abide by those standards.
- Ensure that the overall terms of employment are voluntary.
- Comply with all federal and provincial labour laws.
- Ensure that we will not employ child labour regardless of the country in which we are doing business.
- Compensate our workers with wages and benefits that meet or exceed the legally required minimum.
- Prohibit discrimination based on race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability or political affiliation.
- Prohibit abuse, harassment or any related threat of any kind.
- Provide a mechanism for employees to confidentially and/or anonymously communicate breaches in the Behavioural Code of Conduct without fear of retribution or retaliation.
Southmedic is dedicated to environmental improvement and sustainability, and exercises this commitment through our Environmental Affairs Policy.
Southmedic pledges to:
- Act promptly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger employee health, safety, or the environment.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Conserve natural resources whenever possible by reusing and recycling materials where possible, purchasing recycled materials where possible, and using recyclable packaging and other materials where possible.
- Promote the efficient use of materials and resources company-wide, particularly those that are non-renewable. These resources include, but are not limited to, water, electricity, and raw materials.
- Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, and take all reasonable steps to protect employee health, and the environment, when these materials are used and disposed of.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect our environment.
- Protect our environment by using pollution control techniques.
- Perform our business functions to meet or exceed all applicable legal environmental requirements.
- Require our suppliers to conduct their operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage employees to report any condition that may pose an environmental, health, or safety hazard, and provide confidential means to do so.
- Create a framework for setting and annually reviewing environmental goals, and maintain a commitment towards continuous improvement based on current and planned future activities.
- Identify personnel responsible for implementing and updating the Environmental Affairs Policy.